Saturday, July 21, 2012

Official Prayer for Year of Grace




Prayer Composed by the National Planning Team and endorsed by the Bishop's Working Party, the following is the official prayer for A Year of Grace.

Gracious God, You have blessed this ancient land with many gifts, especially its people. We thank you for the Year of Grace, a time to start afresh from Christ. You invite us to contemplate the face of Jesus your Son, that we may experience a new wave of grace, and that the light of Christ may burn more brightly in our lives. Attune our hearts and minds to the presence of your Holy Spirit, that our Church may be transformed, our relationships be healed, and our nation grow in compassion and justice. With the intercession of St Mary MacKillop, who showed us new ways of living the Gospel, we make our prayer through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Mary, Help of Christians, pray for us.

----------------------------------------------

Jesus, as I contemplate your face, let me experience your great love for me. Reveal your saving grace and give me a grateful heart. Heal me of my weaknesses and sin and fill me with compassion for others. Gift me with the wisdom of the Spirit and encourage me to be a faithful witness to the Gospel.

---------------------------------------------

Come Holy Spirit, Creator blest And in our hearts take up thy rest: Come with thy grace and heavenly aid to fill the hearts which thou hast made. O comforter, to thee we cry, thou heavenly gift of God most high: thou font of life and fire and love, and sweet anointing from above. Praise be to thee, Father and Son, And Holy Spirit, with them one: And may the Son on us bestow The gifts that from the Spirit flow.

Louis Lambillotte (19th century)

....

Taken from:


No comments: